If you’ve decided on a Fall wedding, you’ve chosen one of the most beautiful seasons for the occasion! With all the changing colours and decorating options – everything from artistic gourds and rustic barn settings to Halloween themes – there’s no shortage of tasteful ideas to spark your imagination and complement the wedding of your dreams.
While some couples like to take their theme to the extreme, there are simple ways of incorporating autumn and harvest details into your special day without letting it take over every inch of space. You may only want to introduce a touch of Fall into your menu with seasonal food choices or add some different foliage to your bridal bouquet. Remember that less is usually more when it comes to making these decorations and additions a beautiful undercurrent to the festivities.
So how can you add some Fall flair to your wedding that’s easy and fun? Here are some helpful tips that can be combined or incorporated on their own to infuse a touch of autumn into your plans:
1. Use leaf stencils, dried flowers, and faux leather to create sturdy invitations, place settings and other table decorations that are subtle with a festive feel
2. Consider elegant statement pieces such as a colourful autumn flower or leaf wall as a backdrop that can be created with fresh or dried plants or purchased at a craft store. Understated props like a wheelbarrow with fall foliage or metal light-up animal silhouettes like owls and deer wrapped in leafy garland can give a corner or entranceway a touch of fall too
3. Remember that a simple pop of colour can make all the difference in bouquets, table linens or chair covers; opt for bold oranges, reds, yellows, and golds or look to some unusual Fall colours like blue or purple with a trace of metallic for extra details
4. Focus on flavourful squashes, seasonal spices and hearty Fall food staples for your menu. Chocolate and caramel dessert options are signatures in the cooler months, as well as hot beverages like spiked hot chocolate or pear and ginger cocktails
5. Keep your guests’ comfort in mind with the changing seasons and plan alternatives if you hope to have an outdoor wedding. The weather can be unpredictable and even if there’s no rain or snow, you can help ensure your guests’ stay comfortable by providing festive Fall blankets, sweatshirts or warm socks as cozy wedding favours
6. Enjoy a touch of natural décor inside. Bring the outside indoors with a couple of fall-themed urns or centerpieces with candle-lit lanterns. Stick to simple, natural decor in the main areas instead of focusing on filling the entire space. There’s something to be said for simple, natural enhancements here and there that don’t take away from the focus on you and your loved ones.At Glenerin Inn, we’d love to help plan your special day at our elegant, historic location. Our beautiful architecture, gardens and wedding spaces can be designed to accommodate your autumn vision down to the very last detail. Contact us today to book your 2020 fall wedding!