Finding a Wedding Venue in Mississauga: What You Should Know
Shopping and researching for a wedding venue in Mississauga can be an overwhelming task. With an endless amount of choices and a wide range of options to choose from, you may feel like it’s an uphill battle when you’re looking for the perfect place to say “I do”.
But here’s the good news: booking a wedding venue doesn’t need to be complicated. In fact, it all comes down to analyzing small details. For example: Does the venue offer in-house catering? What about complimentary parking? And do you have the option to have the reception and the ceremony on-site? These are important questions and depending on the answers, they can speed up the decision making process.
Whether you are dreaming of an elaborate affair, or a low-key rustic reception, here are three important factors that you should keep in mind when searching for a wedding venue in Mississauga:
- Location, location, location – The last thing you want is for your guests to arrive and they’re agitated because the venue was hard to find. If the majority of your guests are coming from out of town, you may want to choose a venue that is well-known, close to the airport, or accessible via public transportation.
- Ample Parking – You should also make sure your venue has enough parking to cover the needs of your wedding (one spot for every 2 guests). If it doesn’t, ensure that options are available for overflow parking. For example that the venue is located close to a public parking lot or to a street that allows parking for extended periods of time. At some venues, an extra charge may apply for parking, and some will also require your guests to use valet service.
- The Perfect Fit (Literally) – It might seem obvious, but when you are shopping for the perfect wedding venue, you want to ensure it can accommodate your entire guest list. If the room is empty when you see it, try to envision tables, chairs, a DJ booth, a head table, the dance floor, etc. Will your guests be comfortable? Is there outdoor space that your guests can take advantage of?
If you are looking for a wedding venue in the Mississauga region, The Glenerin Inn & Spa offers a long list of attractive and appealing qualities. With unparalleled charm, comfort and elegance, this location is a premier wedding venue with outstanding service and a beautiful setting – both indoors and outdoors.
If you’re trying to plan your dream wedding, here are some of the benefits of having your wedding at the Glenerin Inn & Spa:
- Guest rooms and suites are available at a discount for out-of-town guests and family. The Glenerin Inn & Spa offers visitors an elegant retreat in a historic urban environment. Once a tudor style mansion, the Inn has 30 unique guest rooms and suites to choose from. The main venue space is equipped with grand stone fireplaces, rustic ceiling beams, oversized paned windows, and much more.
- Hair, makeup and spa services are at your disposal. Every bride will appreciate the on-site spa services; not only is this detail extremely convenient, but it will also exceed your expectations. The beautiful boutique spa can accommodate intimate groups or large bridal parties.
- The location offers a serene setting, both indoors or outdoors. Located in Mississauga’s Sawmill Creek Valley, The Glenerin Inn & Spa offers old-world charm. Sitting on two acres of estate grounds, the stone mansion offers an abundance of character and modern comfort in an intimate setting.
- Expert chefs will prepare your entire menu. At the Glenerin Inn & Spa, your guest’s taste buds are in for a treat, with delectable appetizers and mains that are prepared fresh, using only the finest ingredients. Menu options and packages are flexible and can be customized to meet your needs.
Are you ready to take the next step and plan the fine details of your special day? Our team of experts is eager to assist you. Contact us today.