It’s August and the weather is hotter than ever! Extreme heat warnings are unavoidable in the summer, but there are a few things you can do to limit the tossing and turning in bed or extra sweating. Whether you’re looking to cool down quick or choose to visit a facility with luxury amenities to keep you refreshed, you’ll be feeling like new in no time. Read more to learn great tips on staying cool this summer.
- Bed linens made of lightweight cotton promote ventilation in the bedroom.
Sleep like an Egyptian
- This involves dampening a sheet or towel in cold water. After it’s cool and wet, use it as a blanket.
- Choose cotton based clothing that’s loose and comfortable.
- Make your bedroom even cooler by adding a full bowl of ice and placing it in front of a fan. The breeze from the fan will pick up the cool water as the ice melts, creating a cool, refreshing mist!
Cool Your Pulse
- Apply ice packs to pulse points at your wrists, neck and behind your knees. Even letting your hands run under cold water will bring down your body temperature.
- Taking cool showers brings down your core body temperature and stimulates your body.
Turn off the Lights
- Light bulbs give off heat! Fortunately, summer means sunlight until 8-9PM. Take advantage of the natural sunlight and refrain from turning your lights on for as long as possible.
Cool Your Feet
- Cool down your body by placing your feet in cold water! Or, if you’re feeling hot in the middle of the night, keep a bucket of cold water near your bed and dip your feet in!
Stay Cool at The Glenerin Inn
You don’t have to worry about staying cool at Glenerin Inn, we carry the latest modern and luxurious amenities. Stay cool and have fun with our exclusive room packages, spa packages, golf packages and more! Join us for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner — we have chef-inspired dishes as well as all your family favourites. Our extensive list of red and white wines can accompany any meal you decide to order.
Want to cool down in the most relaxing way possible? Whether you’re looking for a girls getaway weekend, a romantic spa package for two, or a simple Spa-Cation retreat… you can find it at Glenerin Inn & Spa!
Looking for more? Stay cool at our second Paint Night of the summer on Wednesday, August 15th. The workshop includes all materials, hors d’oeuvres, a glass of wine, and two hours of expert instructions from Cara Duke. Purchase your tickets today!
Book Your Reservations in Mississauga