Wedding days are something that young girls look forward to when growing up. But, planning that perfect day is not so easy. Truthfully, it is time consuming and can be very stressful, but completely worth it! You’ll want to do anything you can in order to relieve some of that stress.
Our tip: stay organized and ask for help!
We’ve compiled a rough checklist of things to do and vendors you need to book, so you can stay organized in the months leading up to your big day. Here at the Glenerin Inn & Spa, when booking one of our Wedding Packages, our expert staff will work with you to provide recommendations when planning your Wedding Day.
9-12+ Months Before
- Envision your wedding day. What does it look like?
- Start a wedding folder
- Figure out a rough budget
- Start planning the guest list
- Research/book your ceremony location and reception
- Pick your wedding party
- Throw an engagement party
8 Months Before
- Start shopping for your gown
- Decide on your entertainment
- Decide on decor, colour schemes, and floral designs
- Research hotels and reserve rooms for out-of-town guests
- Register for gifts (minimum of 3 retailers is suggested)
6-8 Months Before
- Send save-the-date cards
- Order bridesmaid dresses
- Book any outstanding entertainment
- Arrange transportation
- Start planning your honeymoon
4-6 Months Before
- Make sure your passport and health insurance is OK for any honeymoon travels
- Decide on invitations and wedding rings
- Shop for any clothing/shoes needed
- Schedule hair/makeup
1-3 Months Before
- Finalize any ceremony readings
- Order your cake
- Mail invitations
- Purchase any gifts needed
- Write your vows
- Apply for a marriage license
- Review final RSVP list
- Plan seating chart
- Confirm with all vendors
- Bachelorette/bachelor parties
- Review playlist
- Pay for the wedding/any vendors
The list goes on and on… however this is a rough idea to get you started on organizing your special day. The Glenerin Inn & Spa is one of Toronto’s premier wedding venues, offering historic charm, stunning architecture, elegant décor, and attentive service! If you’re looking for the perfect Wedding Venue, contact our Sales Team today.
Our expert staff will help you in planning your day, and provide recommendations so you can start checking off items on your list!
Good Luck and Congratulations!